Miso Butter Corn
This yummy Miso Butter Corn makes a great snack (kids love it!). It is also an impressive side dish to mains such as barbecued meats and grilled fish. The best part? It’s so easy to make!
Serves 2*You can click on the link to purchase the individual items.
2 whole corn on the cobs (leaves on)
1 teaspoon miso paste
2 teaspoons butter
2 tablespoons sour cream
½ teaspoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, freshly grated
1 teaspoon seaweed flakes
- First, set a large pot of water to boil.
- Trim the corn from the husk by cutting the stalk off the husk with a small, sharp knife.
- Gently free the corn from the husk, and reserve the leaves/husk to use for serving.
- Pull the strings off the corn and cut each cob into half.
- When the water is hot, add the corn and boil for 5-6 minutes until bright yellow and kernels are tender.
- Remove from the water and allow to cool.
- Once cool, carefully cut the corn kernels off the cobs with a small, sharp knife and discard the cobs.
- In a medium saucepan, add the miso, butter, sour cream and sugar. Turn the heat on low, and stir to combine. Allowing to gently thicken - about 5-6 minutes.
- Add the corn, fold through and take off heat.
- Spoon into the corn husk, then top with seaweed flakes and grated parmesan.